TDA Companies are offered to ages 4 to 18 years and members are selected through an audition process. Companies compete at local competitions, studio competitions, and dance conventions. Some of our companies will also travel out of state for competition or continuing dance training from top names in the industry. Our companies are invited to perform at local high school spring shows as guest performers, they perform in our Winter Showcase, and in our end of year recital. In addition, we provide our company dancers with a variety of dance opportunities throughout the year such as in house Dance Intensives and Master Classes. Our dancers are versatile and are able to perform in all genres of dance: jazz, contemporary, modern, hip hop, character, tap, pom, and kicks. Although our focus is more jazz and contemporary, we want our dancers to be able to do all styles. We have had award-winning competition teams for over 20 years, and we are proud to continue evolving into more highly trained dancers with strong skills in performance, competition, and improvisation. Our company members are often recognized as top dancers in solo competitions around the state, and a large percentage of our members are recognized with scholarships at dance conventions. We train our dancers to be confident, skilled, poised, articulate, and committed. It is important that our dancers learn how to be all these things and still embody an attitude of humility and love for one another.
What are Competition Companies The Dance Academy?
How do I get started?
We have a very qualified and caring staff that will meet with each dancer and their parent to discuss goals and necessary steps to reach them. We will create a plan of action for each company member to ensure they are on the right track and are taking the necessary classes and training to reach their potential.
- Auditions for our 2018 — 2019 Season – June 8th (Friday)
- Minis – Ages 4- 6 – By Invitation Only, please contact our office for more information
- Protoges – Ages 7 – 9 – 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Protoges – Ages 10 – 12 – 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Elites – Ages 13 – 18 – 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Call to Register — 512-234-6640
Audition Fee — $15.00 per dancer
- Audition Parent Info Meeting — Saturday, April 7th – 3:00 PM — 5:00 PM at our studio – Please join us for information on joining one of our Companies!
- The Dance Academy Open House Cocktail Party — May 5th 5:00 PM to 7:00PM Come by to meet our Current Company members, Staff, and see performances. You are invited!
SIGN UP FOR AUDITIONS
Fill out the Audition Form/Waiver and bring with you to the audition along with your audition fee.
For more information on any of our companies, contact the Director, Maria Sorensen, at 512-234-6640
2015-2016 Dance Season
If you are needing additional information with our studio classes, teams or in general please contact below or complete the form and we will follow-up as soon as possible.